Thursday, July 16, 2009

Aren't You a Little Young to Be Driving?

Here We Go Again
Soul Survivor : the Reincarnation of a World War II Fighter Pilot by Andrea and Bruce Leininger is something else. The story revolves around the dreams, nightmares and recollections of a 2 year-old boy; James, the Leininger's son. His horrific reveries of being a fighter pilot during WWII are exacting and each one is absolutely confirmed by his father. Herein lies the story.

Bruce Leininger is a determined Christian. The idea of reincarnation is not acceptable to him in any fashion and it's Bruce we follow as he confirms and struggles with one revelation after another.

If James isn't the reincarnation of a WWII fighter pilot Ltjg. James Huston, Jr., then I'm the Dalai Lama's uncle -- and I'm not. When the little boy tells his parents he's happy he chose them, it gave me the creeps since I tend to be a proof-positive kind of guy.


I'm presently rethinking my policy...

Post by Phil Carr